23 May 2010

37

Today is my birthday. In years past, I've done the stereotypical blogging list, which you can see here, if you want. But to mix things up this year, instead of 37 random things about me, I decided to write a list of 37 things I want to do in the next 37 years of my life. So here we go. These are in no particular order, but I tried to list things that are actually humanly possible (as opposed to "go back in time and hug my dad once more" or "walk on Mars").

1. Get a new tattoo in honor of V.
2. Go on a cemetery tour in New Orleans.
3. Go to Europe.
4. Take a painting class.
5. Swim in the ocean.
6. Eat award-winning gorgonzola cheese.
7. Learn to weld.
8. Build a swing set/play house for V.
9. Let go of all my old shame/guilt for stuff that doesn't matter to anyone but me.
10. Take $haun to Vegas.
11. Have a wee camper and live in it for at least a month, perhaps travelling the country ala Steinbeck in Travels with Charley.
12. Take a few sabbaticals
13. Teach a class on circus freaks.
14. Publish a paper zine again.
15. Have a healthy, well-adjusted dog to take with for #11.
16. Grow a watermelon.
17. Visit Johnny Cash's grave.
18. Master blackjack.
19. Eat a fresh artichoke, steamed, with Tenessa.
20. Get a professional massage.
21. Get that new-fangled lasiks surgery.
22. Go to England.
23. Go to Hawaii.
24. Have a regular poker night.
25. Take V to a Broadway Musical.
26. Write a country music song.
27. Help Dan and Tenessa move back to Fargo.
28. Learn to play bass guitar.
29. Go to Graceland.
30. Live in a house with a turret.
31. Find Tim Johnson and Shannon Welch, twolong lost friends (from college & elementary school respectively).
32. Watch the series finale of LOST.
33. Have a drink with a celebrity I respect.
34. Write to Loretta Lynn and tell her I love her.
35. Bake a cake from scratch.
36. Spread my dad's ashes somewhere good.
37. Go to Casa Azul to see where Frida Kahlo lived.

Some of these are time sensitive, like #8 or #34, but otherwise, I have until I'm 74, so I think this is doable. What do you want to before you're 74?

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I like your list. And just in case you wanted to know, steamed artichokes are super yummy when dipped in mayo mixed with balsamic vinegar =) And, I want to feel truly happy with myself by the time I'm 74!