27 June 2008

For yous

I don't have any advertising on my blog, and I don't have a secret deal with Amazon if any of you should buy books through my links (though maybe I should...). I blog for the same reason I made a zine: I have a lot of stuff to say, and talking to myself gets old after awhile.

So this is a little weird, but I thought I'd put it out here and see if any one notices. I am still using up free-photo offers from the online print places like Snapfish and Winkflash and so on. With a child, I find myself printing pictures (for us and/or the grandmas) with frightening regularity, so if I can get decent quality for cheap, I'm all about it. I recently ordered photos from ArtsCow.com, because they offer 400 free prints to new members. Dang, right? Of course, you pay shipping, which for my first 100 was $9.98. You should also know that they split up the free prints as follows,: 100 free prints for each of the next four months, and your 100 prints are 50 4X 6s, 50 5X7s. . Still, though, 10cents a print, including 50 5X7s, is way better than I was geting at my neighborhood Target.

I just placed my first order on Tuesday, so mine aren't back yet...it takes 7-10 days, apparently, since they are coming from Hong Kong. But the reviews I've read are largely positive, and I'm very excited about them! ArtsCow's website is one of the user-friendliest I've encountered, so I look at that as a very positive sign, too. Plus they have fun stuff (a flask with a picture! A wall clock with a snapshot! Magnets in every imaginable size!), some of which may well find its way onto my holiday gift list, if the shipping isn't too terrible and the quality comes through...

Anyway, after June 30, their new member deal may decrease, so I thought of all of you who read this, many of whom have cameras, and thought you might like to get yourself some photos for not too much money. If you use any link from this post, I get a little bonus, too. Again, I can't personally vouch for the quality, but I will report as soon as my pictures arrive. Here's a link to some reviews and discussions of the good and the bad. If you don't have a need for this kinda thing, don't worry about it. I don't intend to turn the blog into a for-profit venture, so I won't be selling you anything else anytime soon. But if the pictures work out for you, I'd be happy to hear about it.

Happy photography, Team Languishing. Thanks for your attention.

No comments: