26 June 2010

Settling down

Shaun's been out of the hospital since Wednesday, and he is feeling pretty good overall (thankfully). We've been working hard to figure out what he can/should eat, and realizing that if you just take salt out of things and don't replace it with something yummy, most things taste like wet cardboard. At least, that's what I've been realizing.
We have heard from so many dear friends, through blog comments, facebook, e-mails, and phone calls. Honestly, when I feel overwhelmed (you mean he's hungry again? And he already ate all the leftover chicken?) or lonesome, I think of all of you, and I feel much better.

Our merry-go-round is still spinning, and still a bit wobbly, but at least it's slowed down enough for us to take a breath. Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers, and love. They help more than you know.

4 comments:

Jess said...

snaaaazzzzzyy! Nice pics. I'm glad your merry-go-round is still merrily rolling along. I love you.

Emily, Scott, and August said...

You know I have thoughts and love, just no comments. (That's a first.) Take care and know your cities family is thinking of you.

roger said...

wow, I never did like wet cardboard either--roger

Carla said...

I sort of have a food/food magazine/food blog addiction. Let me know what particulars you are looking for (low salt, low fat, low sugar, wheat free, raw) and I will send some easy ideas your way.

Love you guys!