08 May 2007

thrift+zoo=yum

Ah, meine liebchens....it is finals week here at Casa Languishing, and that means three things: grading, grading, and wishing I was drunk. But it also means I have cleaned the stove, scrubbed the sink, and am eyeing the bathroom: anything to get away from the giant pile of essays I have to read before Monday.

And also it means I must blog! Of course! First, some thrift store triumphs: I paid less than $5 for the two of these beautiful, size-appropriate baby outfits, still on their original hangers. The pink one still has tags with washing instructions and "mostly permanent press" labels. I estimate it's from the late 50's. Mary Poppins, on the other hand, is a fabulous pinafore style...oh, mercy. The picture makes my heart pitter-pat. Now I just need to figure out how to wash them without having their 50 year old threads disintegrate, and I'll be set. Or V will be set, any way.


And yes, that is our Christmas tree serving as a display stand. No, I didn't take these pictures five months ago. We are rapidly approaching the point where we will just leave the sucker up, because it's close enough to next Christmas.


Sigh. My poor child is going to be so messed up.


In other news, we went to the zoo a couple of weeks ago, and I got pictures of my favorite bird ever. If I could, I would have 5 or 6 of these in my backyard. In the interest of not further alienating the neighbors, though, I guess I'll just go to the zoo and pretend.

Aren't they startlingly lovely? The one on the top is eating dippin' dots, we think. The breakfast of champions.

And here is blurry proof that the cousins are starting to play together: here's V and Cousin WDK, checking out the spiders, much to Uncle Brad's chagrin.

That's our last couple of weeks in a concise, interesting post. Note the larger size of the vintage baby clothes photos. A girl's gotta have priorities, you know?

1 comment:

Sam Kaiser said...

Jenn!

I stumbled on this blog while I was attempting to stalk you via google... bless.

The baby clothes look adorable. I have to say that I'm slightly jealous of the Mary Poppins outfit.