04 February 2012

Bag sale

In the shower this morning, I suddenly realized it was time for the Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch $4 bag sale! And I was late! You can imagine my horror.

I arrived 45 minutes after opening, which means about 70% of the clothes were already gone. But I still managed to fill two bags and find a 79 cent doll for V.


This round's haul included:
  • 2 pairs of pants for me (one for work, one for leisure)
  • a basic red tank top for me
  • 1 pair of khakis for Shaun (in case he gets a job)
  • 1 tie for Shaun (some jobs require ties. Can you imagine?)
  • 11 or 12 tops for V and/or Will and/or Emmy. Mostly these are plain sweatshirts, that I have big plans for embellishing.
  • 1 brand new shirt for my father-in-law (his birthday is in a couple of weeks)
  • 1 full-length camel-hair coat. I'm not sure, but I think the camel hair will act much like felt, so I'm going to try to use it as such.
  • 1 Talbot's black corduroy dress, size 12. This won't fit anyone in the family, but it's long, so there's lots and lots of corduroy to harvest for other projects. I would feel bad about cutting up a perfectly good dress, and if you're desperate to own a long, well-made dress that is not very stylish but is certainly nice enough, let me know and I'll give it to you.
So there you go. No great finds like the vintage dresses here and here, but that's what I get for sleeping in. All in all, it was well worth the $8.79. Now let the laundering commence!

2 comments:

Tenessa Glee said...

This is lovely, but I just finished reading Ghosty Men, and now I'm afraid the next sale will result in two bags of ticket stubs.

Chris said...

love the blog. I have seen those dolls in gift shops and they sell for about 8 bucks. I love them but not being a kid I don't have one but I wish I could feel entitled (whose life is it anyway??) Sounds like you made out great though.