03 August 2006

33 Things

1. My middle name is Loy, after my mother's middle name.
2. I was a vegetarian for a year but came back for the bacon.
3. I am the messiest person I know, next to my husband.
4. I love the color red, closely followed by orange, yellow, and purple (in that order).
5. I have been making and selling earrings since 1994. Proceeds from them bought me my first computer.
6. I am addicted to Taco John's. So much so that they know me there.
7. I get in food ruts and eat the same things for months at a time (see #6).
8. I've been on zoloft since 1992.
9. My daughter's name is V
10. I have a Master of Fine Arts in creative writing with an emphasis in poetry.
11. I love to teach more than almost anything else on earth.
12. My sister and I first sang in public when I was 4 and she was 3.
13. The only pizza I really like is pepperoni and mushroom.
14. I drink coca-cola classic like it's water. I didn't when I was pregnant, and that sucked.
15. I love E.E. Cummings
16. On more than one occassion I've referred to Robert Downey, Jr. as "the best actor of our generation."
17. I made my first quilt 15 years ago. It has long since disintegrated.
18. I am learning to love baseball
19. I snuck into a bookbinding class in college and the professor let me stay.
20. In undergraduate school, I was obsessed with both the historical Richard the Third and the Shakespearean play by the same name.
21. I've donated at least 12 inches of my hair to Locks of Love on 5 different occassions.
22. I have never seen the ocean, except if you count the New York Harbor, which I don't.
23. I am very very very allergic to cats.
24. I collect vintage party books. My favorite is from 1924.
25. I majored in English in college but almost majored in cultural anthropology.
26. I have studied circus freaks extensively since I was nine years old.
27. I know more about Elvis Presley than anyone I've ever met.
28. Dansko makes my favorite shoes, followed closely by Ecco.
29. My father died in 2002.
30. I have 2 tattoos and would like at least 2 more.
31. We have a white standard poodle named Egon, after the character in "Ghostbusters."
32. I love to swim and don't do it often enough.
33. I make a mean porkchop and wildrice hotdish.

2 comments:

Carla said...

I love you for linking to Taco Johns.

craftychamploo said...

Hi,
Great blog - and I totally agree with #16! :)